Thursday, December 16, 2021

 

My Winter Wish list 




Experiencing winter in Dubai is an indescribable feeling. The thick fog enveloping the sky at the crack of dawn with droplets of mist settling on the clear glass window looked mesmerizing. Gazing out of the balcony with hazy view of pedestrians and cars, only cacophony of a morning hustle and sun rising at a snail’s pace and gradually painting the sky with different shades of orange and yellow. The scene looked dreamy and beautiful. 


- I wished to get an eyeful of its magnificent morning beauty which would fill my heart with silence and stillness of nature.

- I wished I stayed away from my device and pushed emails and messages to the back seat and stood calmly and felt the sense of being.

- I wished I would have worried less and smiled more. 

- I wished I could have felt more grateful for waking up to watch the gorgeous day unfold and enjoyed the hot coffee, chai and conversations with friends and family a bit more.

- I wished to have banished the negative emotions and embraced the coolness and calmness which winter offers.

- I wished to have said ‘no’ to working on weekends and ‘yes’ for meet ups with friends or a self-care day.

- I wished to have done so many things which would make my heart sing and my soul smile. 


However, I still count my blessings that I am alive and fit to live the outset of winter on my terms and make the best of this season which my heart was yearning for many years. 

By Tarannum Sheikh

No comments:

Post a Comment